Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Yellow Bug Quilts' Mondrian Inspired Quilt Pattern

So apparently I have been on a four year hiatus! Geez, time flies. I had no idea that I hadn't posted about any of my projects for FOUR YEARS. Anyway, I am alive and well, and doing a lot of crafting, sewing, and DIYing now that it's summer vacation :)

I've been trying to use up things in my crafting closet. I have quite a stash. In the past week, I've made two pool noodle wreaths with flowers left over from our wedding (ten years ago!), a couple hockey stick coasters, and this hockey t-shirt quilt (or "Quill" as my son calls them). I used Yellow Bug Quilts' Mondrian Inspired Quilt Pattern. Very awesome!

I've been thrifting hockey shirts here and there for a couple years now, whenever I see them for a buck or two. I finally had enough to make this quilt that I had pinned eons ago.

As you can see, it is not done yet. I did get the front pieced together today. I'll work on the back as soon as I look through my fabric stash and find ones that I want to use.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll get back on here in a few days to show you some of my other crafts and sewing projects. We aren't spending too much time at home right now because our air went out. Of course it would go out the hottest week of the year. It's in the upper 80s and low 90s this week. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment