Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tough Meat Tuesday

Memes are all the rage now, aren't they? I had never even heard of the word "meme" until a couple days ago! I actually had to go to Merriam-Webster to even find out what it is. (I know I'm a dictionary nerd).

What about Tough Meat Tuesday? That's one that I don't think exists yet. With the current economy being what it is, we should all be making use of cheap meat. There's lots of people who do meatless days (especially Meatless Monday) but my hubby is a carnivore. He likes his meat, and I couldn't stand to watch his sad little face if I were to sit a vege pizza or some kind of tofu burger in front of him once a week.

Today I'll be crockpotting some pork shoulder to make barbecue pork. What's going on in your kitchen today?

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm a couple of days behind but I bought a new (my first) crock pot at Aldi on Thursday. Friday morning I got up early and cried over onions, sliced potatoes and a few other veg and threw them in the crock pot with some veal chops, some tomato puree and a few herbs. It was yummy, but I think I can do better when I have more time to plan ingredients.
    Tough Meat Tuesday? Interesting concept. :-)

    ReplyDelete