Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Barn

As promised, here are some photos of the barn before I started repainting it. In case you missed it, my grandpa built this toy box for my dad when he was a little one.


I've used this toy box as Christmas storage, as you can see. My Christmas tree fits nicely in the top part, which is hinged. The bottom part's doors never did work very well. When my brother and I were little, the doors fell off all the time, and so I don't think I'll put the doors back up. I'm thinking a cute boyish, little fabric skirt.


My grandpa painted some cute little windows on the side. I don't know if I'll put more windows up or not. (Um, probably not). I'm thinking about decoupaging some firetrucks onto it with a bunch of free sample wallpapers.


As you can see, the barn is in bad shape. Four out of the eight trim pieces were broken and a serious hazard to the baby, so I removed them and replaced them. This one looks like my rabbit chewed it!

So there you have it. I'm going to go downstairs and get painting right now. I want to get this project done this weekend!

P.S. Who's turning 31 tomorrow?! This gal!

4 comments:

  1. I have not actually seen that ol barn... that was a very nice handmade wood box! It should get lots more use, especially if you are working on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that's such a neat piece! can't wait to see what you do with it!!

    ReplyDelete