Friday, July 13, 2012

Going a Little Quote Crazy

Quotes on ottomans...


Quotes on the wall...

Source: etsy.com via Jodie on Pinterest



Quotes on canvases....


And I need them all! Hey, I'm a poet and didn't even know it :)

Today's project is the quotes on a canvas. Michaels has two packs of 16x20 canvases on sale for $5. Yowza. That's cheap.

I snatched up a pack, along with some raised scrapbooking alphabet stickers, and skipped merrily all the way home with my finds.

I already had some orange spray paint on hand, so I painted the entire canvas orange. When that was dry, I added my letters. As you can see, it screams Halloween, and that's not what I was going for.



Then I took off the words "brother" and "hug," painted the black letters with the orange spray paint, and painted the remaining two words with white spray paint. (I also found that the letters needed primed before painting).

After it was all dry, I reattached the white words to the canvas, and voila, it does not look like Halloween anymore :)




Linking to:





mop it up mondays

2 comments:

  1. Lol "Halloween" is what popped into my head he moment I saw orange and block. It looks much better with the white words instead.

    I love quotes too, if I "freed" myself I would have a house full of quotes but that would be a mess I think. lol.

    I opted for a chalkboard where I can change quotes constantly instead. I'm really liking the canvas idea though.....hmmm? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! I would love to invite you to share this on Saturday Show and Tell: (www.cheeriosandlattes.com/saturday-show-tell-20/). I know that my readers would appreciate this and some of your other posts. Thanks and have a great weekend.
    -Mackenzie
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete