Monday, May 11, 2009

I Brake for Garage Sales and Thrift Stores

Since I spent the weekend at my parents' house, I got to do some out-of-town thrifting. It all started when I saw Rite Aid had a sale going on: 10 photos for 99c. I decided to get some of the pictures we took last weekend at Joel's baptism developed. On the way home, I ran across three garage sales. Yep, the first ones of the season for me! Nothing at the first or last ones tickled my fancy, however at the second one I picked up a thing of unused elastic and a frame for a quarter apiece. My dad had just said that he needed a frame so that he could take the pictures I was getting developed to work. Ask and ye shall receive!

I also saw the local thrift store has 50c sales every Monday. I told my husband we would just have to stay an extra day so I could check out the sale in the morning, so that's what we did. We slept in pretty late, and so we didn't get there until a little after noon and it was pretty picked over by then. All orange tags were 50c, and blue tags were 50% off. I got seven orange tags and one blue tag. All the summer clothes were nabbed by the early birds, so I had to settle for winter clothes. That's okay though because Joel will wear winter clothes too in about five months.

He's starting to fuss, so I better go and give him some milk!

2 comments:

  1. You have to brake hard and often at garage sales and thrift stores. Especially thrift stores because their inventory moves so darn fast. I just posted a spring trunk show of thrift store finds on my blog The Thrifty Chicks.

    However, you are so right to shop out of season. That's when retail makes loads of $$ off the poor soul who does not plan ahead. Hey, we all know winter's going to come, or at least some form of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good mini vacation to me! :)

    ReplyDelete