Friday, June 13, 2008

Handbag Mania

Lately I've found my niche in life. I've always known I've liked sewing, quilting, crafting, etc., however I usually made home-dec types of things such as pillows, window treatments, quilts, etc. The other day it was brought to my attention that I should branch out and make other things... like bags!

I started by making a few bags that I would take with me while grocery shopping, and then it just became a craze. To the left are pictures of handbags I made with kissing clasps a friend and I found at a thrift store. There was eight frames in total, I believe, and they cost a whopping $2.99 if memory serves me right. They were free for me, because she gave half to me for driving and using gasoline. The fabrics are all just ones I had laying around my sewing room. Some were given to me, some I purchased, and the pink & gold one was originally for our wedding but it ended up not working out (I think that one's my favorite!). Hopefully I'll get an Etsy shop up and running sometime soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment