Saturday, June 14, 2008

Inspiration comes from the darndest places


So I was reading the blog on iwannanewbag.blogspot.com (and holy cow that lady is a brilliant master of the craft!) and I saw a link for a beer shaped purse. I thought, "Hmmm, my brother's girlfriend would like that." So I clicked the link but no beer shaped purse was to be found. I was very confused and began to hyperventilate because I really needed to see what a beer shaped purse looks like. Then it hit me. Duh. The thing said bear shaped purse, not beer. But alas, the wheels were already turning. I tracked down a photo of what I imagine a beer shaped purse would look like (cylindrical like a can of course) and am totally going to make one. I am going to use Coca Cola fabric though because I have some lying around the sewing room. I could make the top of the cylinder metalic silver (I have some of that too) and even hotglue a pop tab on top. (Is that taking it too far?) Oh the possibilities!

I was even able to find a free pattern for my Coke bag at http://www.mccallpattern.com/freeproject/index.htm. They also have eight other projects for free, all you have to do is give them your email address, after which they will surely bombard you with unwanted solicitation for the rest of your emailing life. But hey, it didn't cost me dime and it's a bag pattern, come on.

No comments:

Post a Comment