Friday, June 13, 2008

My Love Affair with my Kitchenaid Mixer


What else can I say except that I love this mixer. It stirs, it kneads, it makes pasta, it does the dishes (oh wait, that's my husband who does the dishes but you get the point!) That blue piece of goodness is there with me through thick and thin, as I experiment with new recipes and as I make familiar, oldies but goodies. It even forgave me the time I turned it up too high while mixing a thick dough; the slow, growling motor letting me know of my error.

And then there's the matching blender. Its motor is extremely strong and has no problem chopping or blending whatever I throw its way.

Tonight our dinner included my great-grandma's "Skillet Supper," Bacon & Cream Cheese Rolls, and Triple Chocolate Brownies. I owe these brownies all to my Kitchenaid Mixer. See approximate recipes below (I say "approximate" because I cook with the "dump method."

Skillet Supper: Two zucchinis, a bag of frozen corn, a large can of tomatoes, about half a jar of spaghetti sauce (leftover from our lasagna dinner yesterday), spices to taste, and about a cup of water. Simmer all over medium-low heat until cooked through. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.

Bacon & Cream Cheese Rolls: One pack of crescent rolls divided into four rectangles, about 6 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped fine (which I did with my beloved Kitchenaid blender), spices to taste, one teaspoon of milk. Mix together ingredients two through five, then spread 1/4 of the mixture onto each rectangle. Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes.

Triple Chocolate Brownies: One cake mix, one mix of instant chocolate pudding, two cups milk, chocolate chips, two eggs. Make the pudding according to the directions on the box. Mix the cake mix, the pudding, and the eggs. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake 350-375 degrees for as long as it takes to cook all the way through. It took me about 50 minutes, even though the recipe called for 35 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment