Monday, June 1, 2009

Make Do Monday- Screens



My screens need replaced. Practically every one in the whole house has at least one hole in them, through which bugs are entering the house. Ugh. Replacing the screens may be easy (there was a Home Depot clinic on it yesterday though we didn't go) however with my recent layoff, I don't feel like spending the money on it. I even know that they sell those little screen patches because I've used some in the sunroom, however I don't even want to buy those. (Can you say cheapskate?)

The solution? Tape of course. My husband went around the house, taping shut all the holes. We'll see how long that lasts! I would think the rain would render them useless, however it hasn't happened yet. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

5 comments:

  1. If you can tape on both sides it works in a pinch! if you have a old screen scrap its just like sewing a patch on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean you don't have any scrap wire laying around the house? ... that you could use to kind of sew up the holes in the screens???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas ladies! Now why didn'y I think of that?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heavy Fishing line would last for a season..so would heavy poly button thread..strips of the screen wire itself if you have scrap..its pretty stiff to work with if they are the older metal screens....kind of time consuming but we've done itin the past!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how inventive people are for make-do monday! It's so great to see people repair things rather than throw them away. I would have tried tape first too :)

    ReplyDelete