Monday, June 1, 2009

Meme-y Monday



First up is a WIP that I started last night. I was so very inspired by Jodie over at Vintage RicRac. She cuts the selvedge off of fabric and then pieces it together to make such cool stuff like doll quilts, scarves, and even upholstered furniture. WOW. Check her out, for sure!


This is the beginings of a hybrid project. I'm combining two things that I wanted to try. One, the selvedge thing. Two, this water bottle sling.

Next up are some Cloth Baby Rings which are harder to make than they look! I'm not sure that I like them. I guess it depends if my son will play with them or not :)


Lastly is the kiddie apron bonanza. I had so much fun making this red and blue one for Joel, that I decided to make some more!




This one will be for a little girl in our family.


I tried out a new stitch on my machine, but the thread matches so well you can barely see it.


What did you make today?

6 comments:

  1. Tose are great! Evie just has the harder chew toys...she keeps smacking herself in the face in that jerky baby way...I hunted & searched for a soft toy yesterday..just a velor ring with nubby arms & legs in various colors...it was $4.00!!!!! These are perfect! I saved some cellaphane...one would be great stuffed with it...oh...My A.D.D. is kicking in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you are doing great with the selvage project! I think your topstitching on that second apron(in the close up pic) looks great! GO jodie Go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those aprons are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen some of that selvage work and thought it looked neat, but way too fussy for me. Those aprons are cute!
    ~Jenny~

    ReplyDelete