Monday, June 15, 2009

Meal Planning Monday


I went a little nutso at the grocery with the yellow and honey mustard. I had coupons, and my hubby loves mustard, so I bought several bottles. Now I have to come up with some recipes for it. Hence I bring to you….

Honey Mustard Lime Chicken!

Some of you may remember I opened up a package of smoked sausage on Friday to put in my macaroni and cheese. I only used one and saved the other for this week. With it, I’ll be making Cheesy Sausage Stew.

And last but not least, a Paula Deen recipe. Last night a commercial for some ham came on, and Paula was their spokesperson. After the commercial, hubby asked, “What was up with that lady?!” I had to tell him, “That’s Paula Deen, dear. She’s only the most famous cook in all of the south! Remember when we were down in Savannah and I wanted to go to that one special restaurant? That was her restaurant.” But apparently you can’t just walk into her restaurant, so we didn’t go. My grandma went, and she said you have to get there in the morning to get tickets. That sounds to me more like the filming of the show than the restaurant, so maybe she got confused. Anyone out there been to Paula’s restaurant that could give me a definitive answer?

Anyway, Paula’s Meatball Casserole is on the Menu for the week.

Until next time, I wish you "best dishes" from my kitchen to yours! (I heart Paula Deen, don't you?)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I heart Paula too! ;) I've heard that you have to make reservations at her restaurant months in advance. I don't know how true that is.

    ReplyDelete